Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm scattered

My mom is having some majorly serious health issues right now.  I'm not mentally up to recounting the tale right now, but here are a few random thoughts scattershotting through my brain.

Mmmm...beer.  Currently thoroughly enjoying one of my Christmas presents...a large bottle from Schafly's in St Louis.  My friends who know me best give alcohol for presents...does that mean I'm an alcoholic?

Rainbow chip frosting on Rice Krispies treats may or may not be something I've tried recently and may or may not be totally AWESOME.

I am in awe of people whose houses are always company-ready or nearly so.  I don't have that gene.  Although lately I've not been able to muster the desire to pick up much of anything, let alone get the house to company shape.  I keep thinking that I'll get the house ready for company and then work on keeping it that way, but I have yet to actually do that.

I supposedly sell sex toys with my sister, but we have yet to actually sell much of anything.  It's become apparent that I'm going to have to be proactive in this and get this going myself if we expect to do anything with it.  Sis is terribly shy and I was kinda hoping this would bring her out of her shell...it hasn't yet.  I still have hope.  In the meantime I have a stack of catalogs and a box of dildos and lube in my office.

Speaking of sex, Montreal is a fabulous city.  No, really, it's related.  Montreal is home to quite a few strip / sex clubs and they're rather risque and just mixed in randomly with the regular bars.  Hell, there's even a swingers hotel in Montreal.  DH decided it'd be a good wedding present (we went there for our honeymoon) to sign me up for their mailing list, so I keep getting e-mails for GBs and Bukakke and whatever.  Their website is in French in words I don't know so I can't unsubscribe.  I think I've trained Yahoo to send it to spam by now.

We just got back from a trip to New England and Quebec / Montreal...got to watch a Habs playoff game there.  The cops had a good swath of downtown Montreal blocked off cause when they won the previous series there were torched cars and general rioting.  It was quiet this time.  The farther you get away from Montreal in Quebec the less likely it is to find people who speak English...unless you're in one of the handful of English speaking towns.  There you actually find stop signs in both French and English, not just French like the rest of Quebec.  They don't even have stop signs in French in France, but the Quebequois do.  Awesome.

And be totally jealous...we got to go see Eddie Izzard in Montreal.  He was looking fabulous...just jeans and a coat, but also high heel leather knee-high boots and eyeliner and rouge.  He's in 'boy mode' this tour.  The theme was all around his arguments that God doesn't exist and was absolutely hilarious.  That's what I love about him...you have to be relatively well-read in order to get half the jokes.  I am also now the proud owner of a "Cake or Death" t-shirt.

Stopping the ramblings for now...time to find dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment