Sunday, February 28, 2010

Resolutions Check

Well, we're now 2 months in for 2010, so it seems like a good idea to check in on my status with my resolutions.  As a recap, and really for my reference while I'm writing about them, they are:
- journal my eating
- exercise regularly
- keep up my blogs and work on my writing skills
- find a volunteer project
- find a community theater group to participate with
- clean the house and keep it clean
- maintain the yard
- recycling more
- going for more local produce
- eating more sustainably / ethically produced mea

I am ecstatic to report that I am doing spectacularly with tracking my food and exercising.  I've been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and am feeling great!  I can feel muscles under my protective layer of fat, and everything is feeling firmer.  I'm just trying to gradually work off that protective layer so everyone can see my new muscles :)

Keeping up the blogs...well, as you can see that one gets a C at best so far.

Volunteer project - I'm on a Relay for Life team in my town.  Our relay day is May 22nd, so we're gearing up with fund raisers for the spring.  I'm going to need another project once this one wraps up, though.

Community theater - yeah, I forgot I'd even written that one down.  We'll see.

Clean the house - my in-laws are scheduled to arrive on March 31st.  So there's a big ol' heap of motivation and a hard deadline to get it done :)

Yard maintenance - it's just barely getting to the time to start doing stuff with the yard, so I'm not behind on that one...yet.

Recycling - fail.

Local produce - fail.

Meat - we've been trying to work through all of the meat that's currently stocked up in the freezer.  There's a lot.  Once there's some space in the freezer then I can see about getting more meat from my friends at JuHa Ranch.

All in all, a decent start to the year.  In years past I wouldn't have positive progress to report on *any* of my resolutions, and would've forgotten all of them by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment