Friday, January 8, 2010

I think my feminist sensibilities are offended

There are those who might say that I'm over-educated.  I have two master's degrees, and am working on a third.  My career is going fairly well.  I've busted my ass at every turn to get everything I have.  My husband is a relatively recent addition to the picture.  We met exactly 5 years ago next week...which means I had 26 years, one master's degree and another in progress while working a full time job I was very good at under my belt before I laid eyes on him. 

Don't misunderstand me, I love having him in my life and don't want him out of it any time soon. 

But can somebody tell me why the school I got my first master's degree from started addressing the alumni magazine to "Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Solipsist" once they found out I got married???  The name on the bank account the tuition checks came from and the name on the student loans certainly isn't Mr. and Mrs. anything.  Bite me.

Oh well, it's not like I really needed another reason to not give them another dime anyway.

I should've just gone to some crunchy, femi-nazi, man-hating place.  I bet they wouldn't have changed who the alumni magazine was addressed to.  The problem is I don't know any of those places that actually do business degrees.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment