Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Laundry, oh Laundry

Who knew I could ever be so excited about laundry?!? Yep, the new washer and dryer came yesterday and I just had to rush to try it out. I did two whole loads of laundry before bed last night. AND did a load of towels tonight. Whoo! I am a domestic diva. Or something like that.

I am so far resisting the temptation to post a list of THE RULES for the new washer in the laundry room for the hubbs and my dad. I'm terrified they're going to use the wrong or too much soap in it and make it blow up with soap suds or something. But not terrified enough to start doing their laundry for them. Hell no. New washer or no, I'm doing good to get my clothes washed. And since the husband is particular about how his laundry is done, even more reason for him to do his own.

To further my domesticity, I actually cooked dinner. Sort of. Definitely a Sandra Lee-style dinner tonight. Frozen potato and cheddar pierogies sauteed in olive oil with onions, smoked sausage, and green beans.

Tomorrow night is split pea soup. Cause it's going to be Armageddon or something. An arctic blast is coming through tonight and our high is going to go from 50 today to 25 tomorrow. We don't handle cold so well here in Texas. Oh well, I'm sure we'll be back to the 50s next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment